Saturday, January 22, 2011

Julie's Birthday Celebration!

Hey everyone! Sorry for my lack of posting the past couple of weeks. It's been such a busy time for me. Unfortunately there was an unexpected death in the family and I just really focused on spending time with family. That said, I did also receive a promotion at work, which was fabulous, but meant I've also been in the office a little bit longer while the transition happens.

But this site is about parties and we had such a good catch up last weekend with my school girlfriends in honour of my girlfriend Julie's Birthday.

It was a bit of a last minute thrown together event, but so much fun to organise as it was a bit of a surprise. We grabbed her keys, kicked her out of the house and jazzed things up a little.
Now I only had abut 3 days to put this whole thing together, with everything else that was going on and I was really pleased wit how it all turned out. One of her favourite colour combinations are brown and pink, so I ran with that.

2 of my favourite jars to use for parties. A little bow tied in ribbon and they're all set to go!

Brownies dressed up with some mini food flags. Really simple to make and helps to co-ordinate it all.

Ah, mini cake bunting...how I heart thee. Never fails to dress up a store bought cake and add that homey touch.

These are some store bough chocolates from Aldi wrapped in co-ordinating paper. I was surprised how excited the girls were by these - they will definitely be appearing again.

Poms Poms - The #1 conversation starter and with good reason. I live for Pom Poms

Banner made with the same co-ordinating paper - a very rushed version but dressed up the back of the table which was great as I was unable to hang my pom pom from her cathedral ceilings!
Birthday girl dressed in pink with an overshot of the table - Happy Birthday Julie, hope you had as much fun as we all did!

Till Next time, Nadia.

No comments:

Post a Comment