Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Daring to Begin

So I had an epiphany today - there is more to life than work. I know this should be so obvious but today  I found myself at work, all stressed out and feeling down about a potential problem. That's right, only a potential problem, not even a real one and I realised that even if my worst fears are realised over the next few days (and I have made a mistake) well, the world will go on and continue to revolve. 

I am at a point in my life where big change is happening. I refuse to be held captive by money. Now don't get me wrong, I like things and especially pretty things and these things cost money (Sometimes more than my husband realises!) But you only get one shot at this life so you need to make the most of it. 

Being at work no longer fulfills me. Parties on the other hand do. Parties are a lot of work and possibly even more stress but it's an enjoyable stress, because the satisfaction you get on completion - well that's the feeling of a job you love. It's going to be a transition from full time middle manager to party planner extraordinaire, but I know with the utmost certainty it's going to happen. And I am excited :o)

And right when I needed it, by chance I clicked on an old Etsy newsletter and saw this:

Letter press by Happy Deliveries on Etsy

Really, I can't say it any better than that! What do you dare to begin?

Nads xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment