Friday, July 30, 2010

Welcome!

Hello Everyone! I am so excited to be posting my first blog. After weeks of trying to decide on the perfect name one day if just came to me out of the blue (or red!). 

I have been obsessed with parties since planning my parents anniversary dinner at the tender age of 11. It was a fabulous meal of soggy frozen vegetables made in the microwave and burnt steak. I decided the day before that something had to be done, so I borrowed candles from a friend's mother, spent $3 on a bottle of non alcoholic champagne and picked some flowers from my neighbours garden. I made my 2 younger brothers (who were 6 & 4) play wait staff and seat my parents while I served dinner. I am sure it was the least impressive meal they had ever had, with both of them being fabulous cooks, but they joy on their faces at this simple gesture, planted the party seed. 

17 years later, I still love throwing parties for the same reason. All the hard work, effort and late nights involved in hand making party goods, baked goodies & setting the scene is worth every moment when you see the joy it brings. 

I hope to provide inspiration for your next event, shopping tips of where we can grab amazing party finds in Australia  and nurture my creative being in the process.

I believe that all of lifes events deserve a celebration. As they say we're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time (or something to that effect!)

I hope you will join me for the ride! :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment